Over the past year and a half, I have had a total of 10 different roommates. And I have come to notice a few things about living with certain styles of people. I will list them here.
- If you are an OCD person, live with another OCD person, or by yourself
- People have different interpretations of dirty, loud, clean or respectable
- People are best approached head on, being blunt gets you results
- If you are not abrasive and set up boundaries within the first month, you are fucked forever
- If you are an OCD person and go to some lengths to keep your house organized and clean, your roommates will almost always give you no appreciation for it and/or take all the credit for it
- People are usually pretty oblivious to the things that upset you
- People are no longer aware of their noise in the rooms next to them
- If you share anything, your roommates will assume that means everything
This is just a small list for the time being. It is a result of me cleaning my bathroom tonight, and my roommate who seems oblivious of common courtesy/helping around the house. It’s just frustrating sometimes. Maybe we need an intervention.