Sigh, Kayne West needs to get off his high horse and remember he’s not Jesus.
Last night at the VMA’s he made a fool of himself by ruining Taylor Swift’s speech after she had won the MVA for the best female singer. He proceeded to rant about how Beyonce’s video was better and how she should have won. The fans booed him, and I’m glad they did. He shouldn’t be able to intervene whenever the fuck he wants to complain. Keep it to yourself Kayne.
Taylor and Beyonce later hugged and made up and Taylor was able to finish her thank-you speech the right way.
Eventually Kayne posted an apology on his blog, in all capitals, making himself look even more like a drunk idiot douche bag saying:
“I’M SOOOOO SORRY TO TAYLOR SWIFT AND HER FANS AND HER MOM. I SPOKE TO HER MOTHER RIGHT AFTER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING MY MOTHER WOULD’VE SAID. SHE IS VERY TALENTED!”
The guy really knows how to fuck things up.
Here’s the list for the other MVA winners.
- VIDEO OF THE YEAR: Beyonce, Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
- BEST FEMALE VIDEO: Taylor Swift, You Belong With Me
- BEST ROCK VIDEO: Green Day, 21 Guns
- BEST POP VIDEO: Britney Spears, Womanizer
- BEST MALE VIDEO: T.I. featuring Rihanna, Live Your Life
- BEST HIP-HOP VIDEO: Eminem, We Made You
- BEST NEW ARTIST: Lady Gaga
- BEST VIDEO THAT SHOULD HAVE WON A MOONMAN: Beastie Boys, Sabotage
- BEST BREAKTHROUGH VIDEO: Matt and Kim, Lessons Learned
I think I can honestly say that I don’t know any of these videos, let alone the songs. I feel pretty withdrawn from society and pop culture. Maybe this is a good thing. Good to see that Britney and Lady Gaga both one though.